Junior Internal Auditor Trainee (Stagiaire Junior Auditeur Interne)
- Kinshasa, Kinshasa, Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
- Internal Audit
Job Title : Junior Internal Auditor
Department : Internal Audit
Reports To : Senior Internal Auditor
Salary Grade : TR
Prepared By : FINCA RD Congo SA
The Internal Auditor Trainee will operationally and functionally be supervised by the Junior Auditor for managing the audit processes.
The Internal Auditor Trainee performs the specific audit procedures that include testing, evaluation and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The Internal Auditor Trainee shall participate in audit planning, execution and reporting of findings as well as follow up to ensure audit recommendations, management corrective action plans, Board of directors’ remarks and resolutions are correctly implemented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Carry out affiliate audit work plans.
- Assure that referral of matters and issues which arise from observations are follow up according to the Audit Protocols on a timely basis
- For each audit performed the auditor trainee will agree with seniors, manager, or other audited parties the standards that will be used.
- Provide inputs to the draft report and summarize issues that are prepared by audit manager
- Assist in the implementation of the monitoring and review activities that ensure compliance
- Ensure of audit practices in accordance with policy of Subsidiary Audit Committee and Global Audit Office.
- Follow up to ensure findings have been responded to and addressed. Support the Subsidiary Audit Committee as required.
- Conduct procedures as part of risk management audits as required
- Assist in the accomplishment of the duties delegated to the Auditors in accordance with the schedule prepared by the Audit Manager.
- Participate as required in ad hoc reviews and effectiveness evaluations.
- Monitor practice and test controls. Monitor compliance with all policies and procedures
- Adhere to FINCA International directives and subsidiary or local procedures that ensure proper administration of human resources.
n) Perform various tasks as assigned by Subsidiary and Division Audit Managers and the Audit Committee.
Ensure that customer service standards are being met which enables FINCA to better understand the customer’s experience in order to improve the products and services offered or make other operational improvements that may be deemed necessary. Conduct reviews on measureable customer service standards. The assessment reports shall include matters requiring attention, corrective action, or suggestions to streamline service delivery procedures.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Decision maker: Manages difficult or emotional decision in any situations, responds promptly to the needs, and meets commitments
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Education & Experience
- A University degree preferably in Finance and Accounting (BFA), Commerce and Accounting (B.Com). A qualification and work experience will be an added advantage.
- The candidate must possess good report writing and analytical skills.
- Must have computer proficiency in word, excel and power point.
- Experience of financial institutions / micro finance and banking Systems experience (preferred)
Fluency in French and at least 1 Local language. Fluency in English will be an added advantage.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment;
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events;
- Excellent judgment and diplomacy;
- High level of initiative and ability to work with a minimum of supervision;
- The ability to relate and communicate effectively;
- Team-player with excellent communication and listening skills.
- Reviewing compliance with existing policies, plans and procedures, accounting pronouncements, laws and regulations, and contractual obligations which could have a significant impact upon operations and financial results
- Evaluation of the compliance of FINCA with the laws, polices and operating instructions of the organization
- Ensuring efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the system of controls
- Provision of investigative services to the management of FINCA.
- Ensuring compliance with the appropriate accounting procedures and accounting controls in respect of FINCA bank’s business
NB: Nos offres sont gratuites et aucun frais n'est exigé avant tout comme après le processus de recrutement. Veuillez attacher votre CV avec 3 personnes de référence ainsi que la lettre de motivation dûment signés