- Kinshasa, Kinshasa, Congo (Democratic Republic of the)
- CEO's Office
Posting code: E04/06/2018
Responsable Hiérarchique: Deputy CEO
Lieu d'Affectation: Victoire
Closing date: 28/07/2018
The role of Risk Officer is mainly aimed at developing and supporting management of operational risks facing the organization on a day to day basis. It is supervisory in nature, reporting into the Risk and Compliance Manager with responsibilities that include but not limited;
- Work as an alternate/back-up for the Risk Manager in ensuring smooth continuity of all departmental activities, and people management.
- Support Management and Departmental Heads in risk identification and analysis as well as in the development, review and update of Risk Registers as a basis for preparation of the organization’s risk profile and subsequent monitoring.
- Development, update and monitoring of business key risk indicators and ensuring appropriate remedial actions/strategies are developed and implemented for any adverse trends.
- Development, update and monitoring of Incident logs (incident database) with identification of root causes with subsequent reporting to Management Board.
- Champion Business Continuity Management through development of business continuity plans and crisis management plans at all levels within the organization.
- Provide updates/track timely implementation of proposed recommendations or actions to improve policies and processes
- Be the custodian of all policies and procedures (electronic and hard copies) across the organization, including providing timely communications/updates on new and any amendments to the same.
- Manage and monitor performance and development of direct reports
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Knowledge and experience in modern Enterprise Risk Management practices in Financial Services industry to provide guidance on required changes.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Technical skills to effectively perform/guide performance of Operational Risk Officers in a manner that consistently meets established standards or benchmarks.
- People management/leadership to develop or nurture, sustain employee satisfaction, and optimize employee productivity.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidance to consistently achieve required standards or benchmarks.
Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to make the required changes.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 4 years working experience in internal control, audit, or risk management, preferably in financial services industry/sector
- One years’ experience in management/leadership role
Relevant professional qualifications, bachelor’s degree in Business, Credit or Finance,
post-graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and French
- High proficiency in use of computerized applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Visio.